Friday, January 23, 2009
Friends, friends and more friends
So over the past week and a half I have seen many of my friends. First Ali came to visit me from Portland and she totally helped me clean my house and get things somewhat organized. It is still complete chaos throughout most of my house but a little bit better than before. Then over the weekend we went out to Lutherhaven for a confirmation retreat. We brought 18 kids with us and we had a great time. I have been taking kids to these retreats for the past few years and it seems that every year the same churches choose the same weekends to attend so I am really getting to know some of the other churches leaders and volunteers. It is great to meet up with them for a weekend every year and just catch up on life. This year it seemed like I got to see so many of my camp friends which was a blessing. On Sunday my parents came out for my official installation service as the youth director at St. Mark's. It was great for them to come out and for my dad to get to see my house for the first time. Then Sunday evening Rebecca came all the way from Detroit to spend the week with me. I haven't seen her since Ben's service in Indiana so it was so nice to spend some good quality time with Raider's Fairy Godmother. It was an extremely busy week and time flew by so quickly. On Monday Lauren came over to visit Rebecca and I and she cut my hair. I haven't had my hair cut in over a year which I know is horrible but now it is about shoulder length and I have sweeping bangs. A big change but I love it. Today I am heading to Montana to Flathead Lutheran Bible Camp for a ski trip with my high school youth. I am super excited because I have never been to Flathead before and I am going to get a chance to meet some of the high school youth that I have not already met. My life has been extremely busy lately and I am ready for some relaxation again. God is showing up in amazing ways these days especially through friends. I used to always feel like I didn't have that many friends but now I feel like I have an abundance of friends. God truely does provide for our every need. Now I just need to trust in that and follow Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Kirstin. Kathi from Sandpoint MOPS. Faith and Jackie put a link to your blog on our MOPS page and I am really moved by all that you've shared. I only met Ben once, and that was briefly at Raider's baptism, but I could tell that he was enjoying that special moment. I am praying for you as a mom and for Raider. We all need the support of friends and I am glad that you have found it in those close. If you are ever in Sandpoint, I will gladly round up the girls and we can do a play date.
I have been really learning that God does provide if we just let go and allow him to. I am glad you have so much love and friendship around you.
Post a Comment