Tuesday, September 16, 2008
On to Radiation
We made it through the hurricane safe and sound. We still have not gotten power back but we have a generator so we have a limited amount of power in the house. The storm was pretty exciting to watch. Ben and I woke up around 2:30am and the wind was crazy. We just watched the trees outside the window swaying and getting wiped around by the wind. We woke up again around 5:30am and we could barely see the trees through the rain. The morning after the hurricane we observed all the damage. The street we are on took a lot of damage. a bunch of trees had fallen on houses and power lines were down everywhere hanging across the roads. Yesterday the tree guys came out and removed two of the fallen trees on our property. It was amazing to see the guys work. One of the trees was leaning against another tree and could only be reached by a crane. Last night Ben started his chemo treatment. It is a pill that he takes every night along with an anti-nausea medicine. Right now as I am writing be is beginning his radiation treatment. It will be interesting to see how all that goes. Ben is doing really well and has been using his cane to get around. He even is going up and down stairs everyday. Even though we have not had power the last couple of days it has been great just to spend the time together as a family. Just yesterday Raider began eating rice cereal and he loves it. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as Ben begins his treatments and please pray that we get power back soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey Girl~
Praying for you and Ben and Raider as you deal with appointments and testing and the Chemo. If there is any thing I can do let me know.
Great to hear an update. Good to know you made it through the storm. Apparently we had a tornado go through about a 1/2 mile from my apartment on Saturday evening, I didn't even know it! ha ha Praying for peace as new results start taking action with the chemo and radiation. Love you guys! Yeah for rice cereal for Raider!!
Love,
The fairy Godmother!
Hello miss you guys. Praying for results. I miss the third wheel. It is hard to have triplets when we are missing number three. Remember, he is the baby of the family. Stay in the moment and let us figure out your future stuff. We are working on it now.
I'm glad you guys made it through the storm! Still praying for you and trusting God for good things.
Derek
If we want to send a care package or cards or stuff....where can we send it?
Good to hear the hurricane was exciting and safe for your family. I can't wait to see those legs on Raider AFTER rice cereal! I'm glad the treatment plan is underway. We will take care of all we can here, so just focus on you guys right now. We love you guys and look forward to seeing you soon. I'm really jealous because it looks like my Dad is going to see you soon. I think he is going to drive the car there with your Dad. I'll send him with lots of hugs and kisses.
Post a Comment